Yoga for Winter Warmth
The Slow and Silent Energy of Winter
Join me for a gentle winter yoga practice designed to align the body, heart and mind in a way that that encourages optimal circulation, strength, good health and wellbeing.
Contrary to what you might hear at this time of year, winter is not the best time to diet or start an overly vigorous exercise routine. Winter is a time to be kind to your body, to recharge (meditate and observe the breath), reflect and rejuvenate ready for Spring!
What You Can Expect in my Winter Classes:
– We will begin the class focusing on the breath to CALM the mind, encourage presence and prepare the body for practice.
– We will spend 5-10 minutes WARMING up the body (it’s cold outside!).
– We will then move into a gentle FLOW, activating the bladder and kidney meridians, promoting detoxification and calm.
– We will then focus on 5-6 postures (asanas), working in a quiet and attentive way, keeping full attention on the postures we are in. In winter these asanas will be GENTLE forward-folds and back bends, bringing an awareness to the spine.
– The practice will finish with a 5 – 10 minutes savasana (deep relaxation), giving your body time to absorb the benefits of the practice.
These classes are inclusive, supportive and open to everyone (you do not need to have practiced yoga before).
Investment: Drop-in £12 per class or £60 for the 6 week WINTER course (Jan, 10,17,24,31 and Feb 7,14).
HALF TERM YOGA POP-UP * 21st Feb * – Reflecting on Winter and Preparing for Spring!
|Friday||11am - 12pm||Studio 1|
To book this class or make further enquiries contact the teacher: